This month I have updated the attachment to highlight a number of new action items and resources, which you can find at the tab Getting Involved, including:
- links to some actions that you can take now to support some of the justice reform legislative that is being introduced in the new sessions of the Illinois General Assembly,
- the Final Report of the bipartisan Illinois Resentencing Task Force, issued in January: Click here to view.
View the Executive Summary
- the lllinois Reentry Council Strategic Plan, issued in December: Click here to view.
- a new WTTW Firsthand series for 2023 on “Life After Prison”, which launches on February 13:
- several resource guides and hubs for returning citizens, including:
- and a new bundle of resources, templates and opportunities to connect, which you can use to get involved in helping to address the mental health issues and trauma that arise from incarceration: Click here to view.
Please take a look and consider both how you can get involved and whom else you know who might be interested in the website.
As always, please feel free to let others who may be interested know of these resources.