Presentation Videos From Winter 2018 Programs on Confronting the Moral Crisis of MassIncarceration – now available digitally on our home page or you can click the individul links to YouTube below.
- Discussion of the Origins and Impact of Mass Incarceration– -January 25, 2018 Rev. Al Sharp, Professor David Olson, Sharone Mitchell, moderator Rob Wildeboer
- Discussion of Imprisonment, Release and Reentry – February 1, 2018 John Baldwin, Jennifer Vollen-Katz, Victor Dickson, Erwin Mayer, moderator John Bouman
- Discussion of Alternatives to Incarceration – February 8, 2018 Pam Rodriguez, Mark Ishaug, Professor Mark Heyrman, moderator Carroll Bogert
- Discussion of What’s Changing, What More Needs to be Done, What We Can Do To Help -February 15, 2018 Amy Campanelli, Kim Foxx, John Maki and Ben Ruddell, moderator Rob Wildeboer.
Below is a list of the speakers and moderators of the Winter 2018 series. The list includes a brief biographical sketch and email addresses.
- Rev. Al Sharp – How Our System of Incarceration Has Developed, and Some Key Issues – 9/10/17
- Jahmal Cole – Broadening Horizons of Chicago’s Youth – 9/17/17
- Amy Thompson – How the Criminal Justice System Works, Barriers to Reducing Incarceration – 9/24/17
- Courtney Lance – Pruno, Ramen and a Side of Hope: Stories of Wrongful Conviction – 10/1/17
- Andrea Ritchie – Special Problems with the Treatment of Women and LGBT People – 10/15/17
- Rev. Andrew McGowan – How Faith Communities Engage with Integrity and Impact – 10/22/17
- Pam Rodriquez – Adult and Juvenile Alternatives to Incarceration – 11/05/17
- Paula Wolff – Criminal Justice Reform: a Historical Perspective – 11/12/17
- Toni Preckwinkle – County Reform Initiatives: Progress and Next Steps – 11/19/17
- Nate Steinfeld -Prison Reform Initiatives: Proposals, Actions and Practical Implications – 11/26/17
- Mark Ishaug and Jill Valbuena – Focus on Mental Health Issues and Imprisonment – 12/3/17
- Professor David Olson – Who Pays: The Real Cost of Excessive Criminalization – 12/07/17
- Ben Ruddell – Pending Criminal Justice Reform Legislation – 12/10/17
- Erwin Mayer – Release and Reentry – Issues Facing Those Who Leave Prison – 1/7/18