The new year brings important new initiatives in
- reducing the barriers and increasing the support for people returning from prison,
- supporting the full implementation of last year’s landmark justice reform legislation in Illinois, including the Pretrial Fairness Act,
- continuing to transform our system of juvenile justice,
- expanding the use of restorative justice practices, and
- and challenging racial disparities at every level of our criminal legal system.
Please link to information about some of them in the revised documents that you will find in the sections of the website on Getting Involved, Sources of Information, Volunteer opportunities and Upcoming Online Events.