From the Desk of John McLees…
[DISCLAIMER: As a 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt organization, we do not support or oppose any form of legislation, nor do we advocate on behalf of or against any candidates. The views and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the CDLU.]
The Getting Involved section and Advocacy section of the website contain updates on actions that we all need to consider taking now
- to support approval on November 3 of the Fair Tax Amendment to the Illinois Constitution, to allow the use of a progressive income tax, and
- to support the election on November 3 of Eric Rinehart as State’s Attorney for Lake County, to give him the opportunity implement his reform agenda.
These additions include:
- dates and times of opportunities to phone bank between now and the election:
- in support of approval of the Fair Tax Amendment – every Tuesday and Thursday evening and every Saturday morning and
- in support of the election of Eric Rinehart – every Wednesday evening, every Saturday afternoon and every Sunday afternoon
- links to a video, to essays, and to online presentations about the importance of the Fair Tax Amendment, including an onlinepresentation at 6:00 on Wednesday September 23, for which you can Register Here, and
- information about how to register and participate in a virtual event to support Eiric Rinehar’s campaignat 6:00 on Thursday, September 24th, with featured guest Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx.
The Getting Involved section and the section on Upcoming Events in Illinois also now contains new about several important online events on reforming our justice system being presented by
- Chicago Appleseed,
- The Shriver Center on Poverty Law,
- The John Howard Association, and
- The Sentencing Project.